Key Features of SmartPlans 3.0
Freestyle or Structured
- Build simple task lists, or
- Create “critical path” style Projects, and
- Drag Tasks onto each other to create Milestones with deadlines and alerts.
- Tasks list nested inside Milestones – just drag a task onto another to create a Milestone with deadlines and alerts.
- Two types of Projects- Free Style (simple task list or check list)- Structured Project (with critical path hierarchies, targets, reporting).
Manage Multiple Plans
With the interactive Gantt View
- Cascading detail allows you to see only what you want.
- Plan list acts as a navigator; tap to bring the Gantt into focus.
- Drill down into the Milestone view.
- Work Balance helps manage multiple plans within your work guidelines.
- Drag the end of a Plan to re-size it; this increases or decreases your work load.
- Links: Create dependencies by linking one Project to the Milestone of another (this converts the linked project into a sub-project).
Integrate with your Calendars
- Choose the level of detail you want to see in your iPhone or iPad Calendar:
- Milestones are shown in the “All Day Events” pane
- Tasks are shown as “appointments” in the default time that you specify for each Project
- Use your iPhone or iPad Calendar to share with others in Outlook, Google, etc.
- Use your iPhone Calendar to integrate into SmartCal
- Use your iPad Calendar to integrate into SmartPad
Manage Your Time
- Use the Timer to record the time you spend on tasks.
- Activate the Timer anywhere, anytime. Even time multiple tasks.
- Export timer redords to Excel for billing and auditing.
- Timer automatically monitors your Contexts.
- Assign up to 6 Contexts for monitoring. We include the basic “Life Balance” goals of Work, Family, Spouse, Self, Social and Community.